DST – Decision Support Tool for Collision Avoidance according to COLREGS
Totem DST is a revolutionary Decision Support Tool for collision avoidance. The DST offers the mathematical solution for a multi-vessel scenario and gives advice to the OOW on possible course change or speed change.
- The advice given is in full compliance with International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 (Colregs). The innovative technology has been designed to assist the OOW in making correct decisions based on all available data from AIS and ARPA.
- DST informs the OOW on exact course and/or speed change required to avoid collision in accordance with International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 (Colregs)
- The OOW is able to set certain key parameters (Range, CPA, TCPA)
- The system is capable of accounting for all ships, within the selected range, using both AIS and ARPA
- The System has been thoroughly tested and found conforming to International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972 (Colregs) in all aspects, and is approved by the Administration.
- The DST is already installed on more than 200 ships and works with great satisfaction.
- The system is a winner of the following awards:
The PLIMSOLL Award for Innovation 2014 by the “Professional Mariner” Stanford, Connecticut The Tanker Safety Innovation Award, Nov 2013, by Riviera Magazine, UK 5th Annual Safety At Sea International Awards by HIS Fairplay, June 2011, London.